1. This annexure contains details pertaining to various aspects of the CAT you are going to take and important instructions about the related matters.
2. Candidates will have to bring the BLACK BALL POINT PEN, colour, brushes, pencil, cotton rag, pallet, scale, eraser and other related material for drawing.
3. Answer sheet (Drawing Sheets for practical examination and OMR Sheet for theory) will be provided by the DOA, separately for each paper.
4. After the end of each paper, candidate should hand over the answer sheet to the invigilator. Any candidate who does not return the answer sheet or is found to attempt to take or pass on the answer sheet inside or outside the examination hall will be disqualified and further action against him/her will be taken as per rules.
5. Write Roll No .on the answer sheets: You should write your Roll No. in the space provided. If you do not write your Roll No. your answer sheet will not be assessed and you will be disqualified.
6. Punctuality in Attendance: You should be present at the Examination Hall at the time given in the Hall Ticket. Candidates arriving late will not be permitted to enter the Examination Hall.
7. Compliance with instructions: You should scrupulously follow the instructions given by test administrators and the invigilators at the examination venue at all the stages of the examination for which you have been called. If you violate the instructions, you will be disqualified and may also be asked to leave the examination hall.
The test will have 4 papers ( 3 practical & 1 theory) each of 25 marks. The student should report at 10.00 AM at the examination venue with Hall Ticket.
Subject : i) Object Drawing Practical Practical (25 Marks) 10.30 – 11.30
This is the practical paper, wherein a manmade/natural specimen will be provided to the candidate. He/She will have to draw a drawing of the specimen on the answer sheet as directed in the question paper. The question will be based to test the aptitude of candidate in drawing, proportions, rendering in pencil and overall observation
Subject : ii) Design Practical (25 Marks) 12.00 – 1.30
The question will be based to test the aptitude of candidate in arrangement of various forms to create good design in the given area, rendering in colour, and the finishing skill.
[ Half Hour Break ]
Subject: iii) Objective Type Theory (25 Marks) 2.00 – 2.45
There will be questions related to art, craft, design, colour and computer graphics in this paper. These questions will be of objective type. There will be multiple choices of answers to each question. Candidate will have to select a correct answer and to mark it on the OMSR sheet provided to him/herUse a ballpoint pen to write the answers of theory paper.
Subject : iv) Memory Drawing Practical - (25 Marks) 3.00– 4.30
The question will be based to test the aptitude of candidate in drawing and arranging the sequence with memory for the subject given, rendering in colour, placement of elements in memory drawing and creating the environment. .
Important points to note:
Sample Question Paper
Subject : i) Memory Drawing Practical
Subject : ii) Design Practical
Subject: iii) Object Drawing Practical
Observe the object / natural specimen given to you.
Subject : iv) Objective Type Theory (General Knowledge)
1. Cool color is
2. Ajanta caves are located in
3. Soft Grade of pencil is
4. Advertising design is also known as
5. Input device of computer is
6. Elora Caves depicts the culture of
7. Drawing of an article is known as
The candidate has to write the Roll No., Name, Centre, Date on the OMSR answer sheet as per the sample given herewith in the first 10 minutes (from 2.00 to 2.10 pm) The question booklet shall be issued to the candidate and the candidate has to open the question booklet.
There shall be 50 multiple choice questions. The time is 30 minutes (2.15 pm to 2.45 pm)
How to show your answer: i) Each question is followed by answer choices which are numbered a, b c and d. Select the most appropriate among them as answer. Then by using BALL POINT PEN WITH BLACK INK blacken the oval bearing the correct answer number against the serial number of the question.
ii) Please note that the oval should be dark enough and should be filled in as completely as possible. You need not make special efforts to darken any oval artistically. PLEASE THINK TWISE BEFORE ACTUALLY MARKING YOUR ANSWER. THE ANSWER ONCE MARKED CANNOT BE CHANGED.
Copyright 2006. All rights reserved. Best viewd at 1024 X 768 resolution.